Today there is scientific evidence that the high phenolic content of cider apples particularly helps in reducing arterial plaque and reducing the chances of suffering a heart attack or stroke. There is also recent scientific evidence that vinegar has marked antiglycemic properties and could be very helpful to those suffering from diabetes.
The most exciting medicinal use of apple cider vinegar recently is in the fight against arthritis. It has been found that a regimen of Apple Cider Vinegar and honey breaks down the calcium deposits in the joints, while remineralising the bones, so helping to alleviate the pain caused by this condition.
Natural apple cider vinegar has been used as an aid to digestion as the natural biological activity produces enzymes that break down food into usable compounds’. ACV has for millennia been valued for it’s cleansing and detoxifying properties, breaking down the mucous and phlegm deposits in the body and so easing the effects of colds.
The fermentation process adds enzymes and amino acids to the mix. It’s widely believed that this process is what endows vinegar with its many healing properties.’
- ‘Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar’ by Dr Earl Mindell.
- ‘The Miracle of Apple Cider Vinegar’ by Dr Earl Mindell R.PH, PH.D
- ‘Apple Cider Vinegar’ by Margaret Hills S.RN
- ‘Treating Arthritis the Drug Free Way’ by Margeret Hill S.RN
- ‘Apple Cider Vinegar’ by Drs Paul Bragg
- Patricia Bragg ‘The Maker’s Diet’ by Jordan S. Rubin